Trucking businesses like yours are preparing to eFile their 2290 forms before the August 31 deadline. Are you?
When was the last time you filed your 2290 tax returns?
Must be a long time ago.
The thing is, 2290 tax returns must be filed every year whether or not your vehicles are suspended from the 2290 HVUT tax.
So, if you’re operating a perfectly functional, regular vehicle to transport goods all over the U.S., then this is the right time to prepare your 2290 forms and file your HVUT returns online.
And do it quickly because the 2290 due date for 2022 is just around the corner, and you might just miss it if you don’t get started now.
And while you’re at it, be sure to file your 2290 returns with an IRS-authorized eFile provider like EZ2290 that 10,000+ truckers like you trust.
Businesses like yours file 2290 returns with IRS-authorized eFile providers to avoid being scammed by fraudulent companies pretending to be “legit” eFile providers.
And when you eFile with EZ2290, you have all these amazing features and advantages that help your business save time and effort. (More on this later)
The following discussion will focus on 2290 form filing requirements, the due date for Form 2290, and of course, authorized eFiling options to eFile Form 2290 online.
So, let’s get started.
- IRS 2290 Form For 2022: A Quick Overview
- Form 2290 Instructions 2022: Information You Need To File 2290 Form Online
- IRS Form 2290 Due Date 2022: When Is 2290 Due In 2022?
- How To eFile Form 2290 Online With EZ2290?
IRS 2290 Form For 2022: A Quick Overview
- Form 2290 is an IRS return that exclusively deals with heavy highway vehicle usage tax information or HVUT.
- Use Form 2290 to report vehicle information, such as vehicle weight, vehicle category, vehicle identification number (VIN), tax suspension details, mileage use limit, and other information.
- Businesses need to file the HVUT Form 2290 and pay the 2290 tax due on or by the IRS deadline (as applicable from the month of first use).
- The filing cycle begins in June and ends by the end of July of the successive year, making it a June-July filing cycle.
- File Form 2290 before the IRS Form 2290 deadline to avoid late filing penalties and notices from the IRS.
Form 2290 Instructions 2022: Information You Need To File 2290 Form Online
You will need a variety of vehicle and business information in order to fill out the 2290 form per the IRS instructions.
Use the following checklist to make sure you have all the details you need to prepare and file your 2290 forms.
- The legal name of the business or DBA (Doing Business As) name
- EIN (Employer Identification Number) or TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number)
- Business address
- The taxable gross weight of the vehicle
- Vehicle categories
- Vehicle identification number
- The month of first use
- Mileage use limit (miles utilized or exceeded or under-utilized by vehicles)
- Logging status of the vehicle
- Suspension status of the vehicle
- Total number of vehicles
IRS Form 2290 Due Date 2022: When Is 2290 Due In 2022?
Use the following 2290 due date chart 2022 to file your 2290 forms on or by the IRS deadline.
|If The Vehicle Is First Used In This Month||File Form 2290 & Pay HVUT Tax By|
|July 2022||August 31, 2022|
|August 2022||September 30, 2022|
|September 2022||October 31, 2022|
|October 2022||November 30, 2022|
|November 2022||January 3, 2023|
|December 2022||January 31, 2023|
|January 2023||February 28, 2023|
|February 2023||March 31, 2023|
|March 2023||May 01, 2023|
|April 2023||May 31, 2023|
|May 2023||June 30, 2023|
How To eFile Form 2290 Online With EZ2290
Did you know that 10,000+ trucking businesses like yours use and trust EZ2290 for its super quick, secure, and convenient e-filing experiences?
- Quick and easy bulk data import
- Dynamic form completion
- Automatic HVUT tax calculations
- Secure & encrypted eFile transmissions
- Free 2290 VIN corrections
- Free Re-file for rejected returns
- Online options to pay your HVUT with convenience
- Priority 2290 tax support
And much more.
The best part is that you don’t need any technical expertise to get started with EZ2290. Our service offerings are designed to suit your unique filing requirements, no matter the size of your business.
You can always use our online guides to navigate your way through our tools should you need help.
Use EZ2290 anywhere around the world, track your filing requests from any device, and most importantly, manage all your IRS communications in one place.
Tired of doing everything by yourself? Switch to managed services today.
Get Started For Free & File Your Form 2290 Online
Other Useful Posts From Ez2290 Blog