eFiling Form 2290? Save this information to report and file your HVUT Form 2290 easily.
Form 2290 is an IRS return that specifically reports certain information regarding heavy vehicles that utilize the highways.
But when the vehicles exceed certain mileage use limits, the vehicles are taxed by the IRS.
As long as your vehicle doesn’t exceed the mileage use limit of 5,000 miles (for commercial vehicles) and 7,500 miles (for agricultural vehicles), you don’t have to pay the HVUT.
To be more clear, vehicles that weigh 55,000 pounds or more qualify to be taxed for HVUT.
While the information on the internet for HVUT 2290 eFile is a little confusing, use the following checklist to report and file Form 2290 to the IRS.
So, let’s get started.
Checklist: Information Required For Preparing 2290 Forms
Check each item off the list as you gather the information required to prepare and file your 2290 forms to pay HVUT.
- EIN or TIN
- Legal Name
- Business Address
- The Month of First Use
- Vehicle identification number
- The gross weight of the vehicle
- Vehicle category
- Vehicle logging status
- Tax suspension details
- Number of vehicles for which you’re reporting
- Other information
Running short on time? Outsource your 2290 filings to EZ2290 with 2290 Managed Services.
Note: Even if you’re excluded from paying HVUT, you will still need to report and file Form 2290 to stay compliant.
When Is Form 2290 Due?
A Form 2290 is due by the end of the successive month from the month of first use.
Use the following table to file your 2290 forms on time.
|If Month Of First Use Is This||Pay HVUT & eFile Form 2290 By||Report This Date On Form 2290|
|January||Last day of February||YYYY01|
- The current filing period for Form 2290 starts on July 1, 2022, and ends on June 30, 2023.
- The pre-filing season has already begun. You can file your 2290 forms a little early on or before June 30, 2022, for a speedier 2290 submission.
How To eFile Form 2290?
Step 1: Create your FREE account with EZ2290
Step 2: Import your 2290 vehicle data
Step 3: Populate the 2290 form with the relevant vehicle data
Step 4: Verify vehicle information & VINs
Step 5: eFile securely
When you eFile Form 2290 with EZ2290, you receive the IRS-stamped Schedule 1 instantly, saving you hours and days of waiting.
Recent Posts on Form 2290
- 3 Reasons Why Form 2290 Schedule 1 Is So Important
- 5 Quick & Secure Ways To Pay Your 2290 HVUT Tax 2022-2023
- Form 2290 Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Guide For 2022-23 Tax Year
- How To File Form 2290 Online? 5 Quick Steps For Filing Road Tax Form 2290
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Be eFiling Form 2290 And Ditch Paper Filing